This funds economic, environmental and social measures for the benefit of rural Scotland.
It is part of the EU Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and is funded by the European Commission and the Scottish Government.
The key purpose of the SRDP is to help achieve sustainable economic growth in Scotland’s rural areas. Its main priorities are:
- Enhancing the rural economy
- Supporting agricultural and forestry businesses
- Protecting and improving the natural environment
- Addressing the impact of climate change
- Supporting rural communities
It is made up of a number of different schemes that provide grants and support. Those most familiar to rural social enterprise are LEADER and the Forestry Grant Scheme.