Below are some of the ideas for future research from discussions around the hub to date:
- The ViSENet partnership have identified succession planning, the role of social enterprise in creating employment opportunities for young people and retaining population.
- There is also an interest in ideas of collective leadership and whether this is different in rural, as opposed to urban.
- The importance of community-led social enterprise to rural development and the maintenance of core local services.
- The extent to which rural areas still retain the dense social networks and other cultural factors that create fertile ground for social enterprise development.
- What makes some rural places hubs of thriving social enterprise.
- What do rural social enterprises need to survive and thrive.