The Rural Social Enterprise Hub is a focal point for research and development activity on rural social enterprise in Scotland and further afield.
Welcome to the Rural SE Hub – the online space for collaboration, peer to peer learning and knowledge exchange between all those committed to thriving rural social enterprise. It is also a space to showcase the contribution social enterprise makes to our rural communities.
You can access learning resources and guidance to support rural social enterprise. The Hub is also home to Scotland’s Rural SEN, who meet bi-monthly (virtually) to connect, collaborate, and share learning. Our latest news section is full of the newest updates affecting rural community and social enterprise in Scotland, and you can add your own news as a member.
You can get involved in different ways:
- Log in to become part of our wider community of practice This allows you to make full use of the community section of the hub. You can find people you know, connect with people who can help, set up groups/ forums and make your voice heard.
- Add your organisation’s details to our searchable Directory so others can find out about you and what you are doing. Search the directory using key words to find organisations that are working on similar areas of interest or in your geographic area.
- Access online learning materials which have been specifically designed for rural communities.
- Sign up for networking opportunities including Scotland’s Rural SEN, which meets monthly.
- Share your experience with the wider community – post your latest research, case studies and reports. NB. you need to have logged in to do this.
- Keep up to date with research findings on rural social enterprise and policy developments relevant to rural social enterprise in our resources section.
The Hub needs your active involvement.
The more rural social enterprises that engage with this space, the better opportunities will be for us all to share what we are learning, what we need support with, what we are interested in finding out more about, and what we need to fulfil our potential.
As the Hub and its activities develop, we will add new features. Guest contributions from people on the front line of rural social enterprise and online streaming of key conferences and debates are early priorities. If you have thoughts on what you would want to see, contact us.
Partially funded by the Scottish Government, this project aims to promote and sustain social enterprise across Scotland, with a focus on recognising and learning from the unique characteristics of social enterprise in the rural context.
Subscribe to updates to the website. You will receive email notification when new posts are added.